Sloooowly but surely, Lili's new bedroom is beginning to come together. With the noted exception of a few (as yet undetermined) strategically placed pictures, a
Handmade Home wall hanging was the missing corner piece. I've had my eye on this project for quite awhile, knowing that it was perfect for one little babe and her varied collection of "treasures", but was only able to bring it to completion with the recent acquisition of a
Brother CS6000i (happy belated birthday to Mommy!).
 |
| A work in progress. | |
|
|
|
 |
Done!
| |
Additional corner items include:
- Cedar chest inherited from Nana and Papou which was, I believe, a wedding gift to Nana. Currently stuffed to overflowing with an assortment of stuffed big cats and primates.
- Thrifted plush giraffe, $2.99 from Value Village.
- Retro bird feed galvanized tub from Brody and Ma.
- Felted bird mobile by Willow Baus.
- Rad wooden tool set, handmade in Montana and complete with hammer, screwdriver, saw, square, old-fashioned hand drill, and 6-inch ruler. Interestingly, Lili most often uses said tool kit less for construction related purposes, and more for giving Mommy Cheetah regular "checkups".
- Hand painted metal tray and green timer, both gifts from Nana.
- Stick courtesy of Minnehaha Creek. Gathered by Mommy and Lili on what was "officially" the last day of winter.
My original intention was to fill the bird bucket with a variety of colorful felt balls from the craft store. Having been recently disappointed with the "felt ball" selection at Jo-Ann Fabrics, however, I now find myself back at bird bucket square one and seeking age appropriate (and inexpensive) alternatives to complete our final corner. What say you, dear reader? Any brilliant decorating insights with which to finish off Ms. Lili's room?
Heart,
Mommy
6 comments:
: )
I can only think of "pennies" and "nails." I have this problem with being "serious." I'm working on it, but that does you no good as the bucket sits empty.
A little reading lamp would be just the thing! Exhibit A: http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/gingham-pleated-shade-madison-touch-base/popup/more-views.html
Thanks, Rock! I've also been contemplating "marbles" and "safety pins".
GK, do you think she's ready for a cord by her bed? It makes me a little nervous....
I'm not GK, but anything with a cord by the side of her bed doesn't sound like a good idea....makes me very nervous. The wall hanging and corner look spectacular! And I'm working my brain to come up with ideas for the bird bucket.....
How the hell do you make this all happen? I can barely dress myself.
Post a Comment