Monday, January 21, 2013

Week Two: Mantra

I do love me a good mantra. Even in high school, I filled notebook after notebook, love letter after love letter, with words, quotes, and song lyrics. Their strength centered me. Allowed me to feel more myself. I fight the urge to tattoo words permanently across my body--focus...listen...breathe...love. Intention. I revel in the power of words.

Mantra, 2013.

Infinite Potential. My daily mantra. 13 years and counting. I still find comfort in the reminder, and my childhood connection to the deep south.

Wasting time.

"Days and night come and go without end, appearing and disappearing into thin air. Notice, and you'll always notice what time it is. You'll always know what to do. 

When I grow weary of what's undone or anxious about what's to come, I remind myself that I am not the maker or the order-taker in this life. I am this life, and it is unfinished. Even when it is finished it will be unfinished. And so I take my sweet time. Time is savored when you take it by the hand."

Hand Wash Cold::Karen Maezen Miller

On location, The Craft Room. 

No comments: