Between Lili and her Mama, the linguistic activity in our household increases on a daily basis. Sometimes, the race to the chatterbox finish line is so close that Lili has no choice but to throw in a well-timed screech in order to beat out the parental competition. Recent lil' gems include:
"Mama took a shower. Lili took a shower, too". (I'm not making this up. For reals. In an ode to her fastidious nature, this is, by far, Lili's most complicated grammatical structure to date, and we hear variations on it regularly).
"Careful, Mommy..." (Said in preparation for one of our early morning transports to Grandma Kool's house, as I nimbly walked down the sidewalk, holding Lili close and attempting to not break both of our necks on a slick of black ice).
"I picking nose". (Yes, Lili. Yes, you are).
"I stuck...I stuck!" (This perennial favorite was resurrected just last night, when the poor babe did, in fact, get quite stuck between the wall and her new "big girl bed").
Some phrases are just fail safe.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
So wonderfully funny. The things that kid says!
Although she could say more, you only need to take mommy's hand, spin on your heel and say,
"wal-king..."
Post a Comment