Friday, March 13, 2009

Double Digits

Remember when you were a kid and turning ten was, like, suuuuuch a big deal, because you were finally joining the generation of double digits? Unbelievably, my little sugar snap turned ten months old this past weekend , and I'm having difficulty wrapping my head around these particular numbers. I suspect this is mostly because, 90% of the time, I feel like Lili left a small part of herself behind as she made the journey from womb to world. Which, as I've come to learn in the past ten months, is both the blessing and the curse of motherhood. Happy double digits, my coy little darling. Mommy loves.



P.S. Only two months left until your first birthday extravaganza! Time to get crackin' on that pterodactyl themed party!

2 comments:

mama said...

I have been talking about Lili's Golden Birthday-at 13 years old-for all of the time leading up to her birth...and beyond. I am already planning the table decorations, which include streamers, hats, noise makers, and make your own t-shirts. All in gold. Get ready to live little girl; your Mama had a golden birthday to remember for all time and she is only going to try and beat it.

Nana said...

Ah, my sweet Mommy girl, you have learned so much in ten months, about the largeness of love and the endlessness and joy of it. Now you understand. This mommy loves too.