Sunday, March 8, 2009

Mystery Solved.


Last week was rough. There was some extended fussiness, there was some diarrhea, and there were definite TTS (Temper Tantrum Sally) episodes whenever we were, heaven forbid, not being held by one of the moms and/or grandmas. Wednesday was particularly brutal. I arrived home from work to find both Lili and Grandma Kool on the verge of tears, hair askew and each sporting some massive under eye circles. Lili summed it up best when she began waving at Grandma Kool immediately after I swooped in and "rescued" her--"Okay, Grandma...thanks...see you later...take care...drive safe...bye, bye then". She was eating and sleeping well, though, and having wet diapers, so I figured she was just having a rough week and was, perhaps, dealing with the usual March stir-crazies that affect all Minnesotans. I became a little more suspect yesterday morning, when I brought the babe to bed with us and noticed that she was burning up like a little brick oven. We popped some Tylenol, hung out in bed for awhile, and generally had a lazy jam-jam day. The fever never quite went away, but Lil was her usual charming, giggly, and overly active self, so we chalked the fever (and messy diapers...and general crabiness) up to teething. At the ripe old age of (nearly) ten months, though, Lili has something of a reputation for being the babe who cried teeth, so I didn't entirely buy in to this particular theory. That is until later the same evening, when we were hanging out with two other moms and their little babe and H suddenly exclaimed, "I think Lili has teeth"! Sure enough, once we were able to navigate around the little thrusting tongue and flapping lips, there they were. Two teeny, tiny white toothy nubs, perfect for gnawing on turkey legs and flashing that famous Lili grin. Here's hoping she doesn't figure out how to use those incisors to clamp down on a certain Mommy's nipple during snack time.

2 comments:

mama said...

...it's the central incisor if anyone was wondering. So. Cute. In case anyone ever wondered if Lili could get cuter, the answer is yes. Just add a tooth.

Nana said...

And now two! And so cute to see her actually chew with them!