Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mamarella's Kitchen: Part I

The title of my Guest Blog is indeed meant to invoke that “rella.” I invite you to stop by casa de Hansen-Louis on a weeknight and you will see where the name originated. Because Mommy does the heavy lifting, i.e. holding down a feral cat four times a day for a ferocious feeding (today I actually saw Lil pounce on her intended prey) it only seems fair that I do the hunting and gathering work…hunt overpriced salmon down at Kowalski’s; gather Belgian cheeses and hydroponically grown salad dressing. I would like to pause a moment to thank Kowalski’s for that genius select-o-charity bin at the front of the store. This bin allows countless people to leave behind a receipt that would otherwise get them kicked out of the house. Those prices are ridiculous….but I digress.

Who is Mamarella you may ask? Mamarella is a person that sometimes doesn't cut the food into small enough portions, always misses a spot when applying sunblock, and is foolish enough to show a 12-month-old a stuffed animal when at a department store. But Mamarella will always stay calm enough to dislodge the problems that come her daughter's way (be they cheese related or otherwise), soothe until the new skin grows in, and provide the things that Lil didn't need, but sure does like to have.

Lil, I'm crazy for you.





1 comment:

Nana said...

So I believe it is basically impossible not to be crazy for the Lil'.....